The Hall is heavily booked - particularly in winter months - so please first view the 'availability at a glance' and if encouraged then view your date
of interest on the calendar.
Please note that we are a community hall and try to ensure that large community events at weekends can be accommodated. Hence casual bookings such as children's parties are accepted only up to 3 months in advance. No further regular weekly bookings are being accepted for weekends.
Where we have availability then -
The main hall and the meeting room can be booked independently. Total capacity is 250 people with on-site carparking capacity of 50 cars.
Main Hall users take priority - the meeting room is only booked after considerations of Main Hall Usage.
For small gatherings
the Meeting Room - capacity 25 - is cheaper and can be satisfactory while main hall is
booked by others. The main hall has a full raked stage. There is a kitchen and bar area. The bar is only stocked and used by prior arrangement.
Regular User groups are provided with lockable storage facilities.
If available then ....
- for casual one-off bookings - contact caretaker Jane on 01244-381230 or 07540-341422
- for establishing regular bookings - email firstname.lastname@example.org
Different conditions & rates apply to the four types of bookings
Note - The hire charge is generally a flat rate inclusive of facilities. No additional charges are made for the kitchen unless excessive use is made of the dishwasher (which is no an expensive maintenance contract). No additional charges for storage (storage only available to regular users as practical and agreed with the Storage Manager).
- Community Use (no group member commercially benefitting from the hiring)
- Commercial Use (still offering community benefit but hirer benefits commercially from the hiring)
- Private Use (the hirer restricts the booking to their private requirements). Private hirings very limited
- Charity Fund-raising Use
The year's calendar is established for regular User Groups before casual bookings are accepted.
The premises are licensed - see our premises licence