Both our Main Hall and Meeting Room are heavily booked - we currently have no availability for a new regular weekly event. However there are occasional available slots and short-runs. During holiday periods we have availability and during the summer there is availability as certain activities 'move outside'
Please note that we are a community hall and try to ensure that large community events can be accommodated.
Hence casual bookings for Commercial and Private events are accepted only up to 4 months in advance.
Where we have availability then -
The main hall and the meeting room can be booked independently. Total capacity is 250 people with on-site carparking capacity of 50 cars.
Main Hall users take priority - the meeting room is only booked after considerations of Main Hall Usage.
For small gatherings
the Meeting Room - capacity 25 - is cheaper and can be satisfactory while main hall is
booked by others. The main hall has a full raked stage. There is a kitchen and bar area. The bar is only stocked and used by Hall management for events that are directly managed by them. At the discretion of the event organiser (the person making the booking) users may consume their own brought-in alcoholic drinks if no selling is involved on the premises.
Regular User groups are provided with lockable storage facilities.
If available then ....
- for casual one-off bookings - contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07845-743918. These are checked most evenings. Remember to state date and time wanted and nature of the event.
- hoping for a regular slot or for establishing a short-run of bookings and the hope for a regular slot if available in the future - email email@example.com - spelling out your requirements.
Different conditions & rates apply to the four types of bookings
Note - The hire charge is generally a flat rate inclusive of facilities.
- Community Use (no group member commercially benefitting from the hiring)
- Commercial Use (still offering community benefit but hirer benefits commercially from the hiring)
- Private Use (the hirer restricts the booking to their private requirements). Private hirings very limited
- Charity Fund-raising Use
No additional charges are made for the kitchen unless a high energy use is required. The dishwasher is on an expensive maintenance contract and the oven and heating cupboard are of a commercial standard. A large catering event is charged a further £10 for kitchen use.
No additional charges for storage (storage only available to regular users as practical and agreed with the Storage Manager).
The next year's calendar is established for regular User Groups before casual bookings are accepted.
The premises are licensed - see our premises licence