This project 'scope' was
authorised by the Hall management on 6 June 2003 and largely achieved by our 80th anniversary
All managed by the 4-SCORE Steering Group
To address the concerns agreed with the Hall Exec 23May2003
- Recognise that many users require storage as much as a meeting place.
- Establish more useful storage opportunity by redesign within the full building only increasing the footprint if essential.
- Establish more efficient use by challenging territorial defence of established users and encourage a culture of removing unneeded items.
- Meet today’s standards and user expectations in safety & hygiene
- Efficient layout and access with facilities expected by today’s kitchen users
- Effective interaction between kitchen and ‘customers’ offering more than just ‘beverages & biscuits’
- At least as good as the best comparable similar local amenities
- The project will provide physical changes but it is paramount that the Hall’s operational procedures are reviewed & implemented to reap the benefits
- Upgrade the main areas of use to a comfortable standard as expected for the early 21st century
- Ensure fire exit & all safety issues meet expectations of users & Standards
- Improve access to all Hall amenities minimising disturbance to other users
- Upgrade & publicise Committee Room 1 (renamed 'Meeting Room) to gain more benefit from it
- Heating lighting & cleaning reviewed/updated to exceed current user expectations
- establish presentation /media equipment in the main hall to meet the higher expectations of today’s users
- electrical upgrade - improve circuits and outputs - bringing distribution up to current standards.